Friday, August 3, 2012

I Have Been Chipolte'd!



A Chipolte Grill recently opened on Rt. 7 next to 5 Guys and I finally stopped by last night to grab a couple burritos to go.  First off, I got in line and was on my way.  2 spots in front of me was some high school kid who looked like he was just out of basketball practice or something.  Why else would you wear really long shorts and a tank top in public?  His buddy rolled in and butted in to the line next to him. Normally people might have been annoyed except this kid was so trashed (8PM) that it was like watching a car crash.  He was getting in his pal's face, nose to cheek, to tell him stuff in a loud voice (quiet restaurant).  He also was swaying a little and rubbing his hands ind a really weird way.  The best was when the kid went to order... "Steak Burrito"
"Any rice or beans?"
"Rice, no beans"
"White or brown rice?
"Steak burrito... beans... no rice."
"Um, ok."

It continued from there, pretty funny stuff.  I rolled up and got a veggie burrito and a chicken one.  I got guacamole and hot sauce, with brown rice on both.  The veggies did not look all that fresh, the chicken was also a little heat lampy.  Once home and eating it tasted ok.  The guac. was pretty good.  The hot sauce I had on the chicken was quite spicy.  Overall it was ok, not great.  And then the evening happened.  Heartburn for 2 at 3AM.  Funny, I don't remember ordering that?  Terrible stinky farts for me all night.  I do remember getting that as a side.  Finally, in the morning I had the worst burny shits.  I am still suffering mid way through the day!  So be careful w/ the old Chipolte Grill.

One other review, stopped by Soyo on Pine Street for a frozen yogurt.  I think the claim to fame is they try to use local milk?  I don't know if that is the case or not, I had a couple drinks before going there and was only partially paying attention.  I had, on the advice of a friend the plain.  She kind of steered me wrong, apparently you can get a twist w/ 2 flavors.  Thanks KB!  Well, to be fair, the plain was quite good.  Solid flavor, tangy, it tasted like yogurt.  I also opted for strawberries (my call) and mochi (KB advised).  They were a good addition.  The mochi balls were delicious, sweet with a great consistency to balance the froyo.  It was good, I would definitely go back.

Finally... Boo to the new Dream Team in U.S. basketball.  They set all kinds of records in beating up on a hapless Nigerian team.  This team is the sum of their parts... Lebron, Carmelo, Westbrook... they are just bullies.  They beat up on weaker teams but when a good one steps up, they shrink.  There was no need to run the score up as they did, every team knows how to take the air out of the ball.  I dislike this team very much.  Boooo.  Go Gabby Douglas and the rest of the U.S.A., I am digging the rest of the competition very much.

No comments: