Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Holy Muffled Voices Batman!



So we finally went to see the new Batman movie this weekend and it was great.  I have been a big fan of all 3 of Christopher Nolan's Batman movies and this one really was a capper.  The muffled Bane voice was the only real distraction.  Otherwise, good characters, lots of action, and an excellent use of the musical score to help build tension.  2 thumbs up.

We also ventured out Sunday night to the Vermont Fresh Networks event at Shelburne Farms.  They do a nice job bring local merchants and chefs to the event to show their skills attempting to use as many local ingredients as possible.  My special lady will most likely correct me but we really liked the zucchini cupcake from Shelburne Farms, the blueberry dessert from Mirabelle's, the pork empenada which I think was from Ariels and the pork Bahn Mei which I am totally flaking on... Jay Peak Resort?  Surprisingly weak efforts from Michael's on the Hill, Pistou, and Hen of the Wood.  Surprisingly strong efforts from 3 Tomatoes (nice meatball mini sub), 60 Battery in the Hilton, The Jay Peak folks.  The Eden Ice cider was also a revelation.  Really delicious.  As usual the Strafford Organic Creamery did a great job finishing w/ delicious ice cream.  I started with mocha that my wife absconded with leaving me with an also tasty cinnamon.  Good job all around and a fun event.

Last night I had a huge porterhouse steak at Church and Main.  It was actually quite good.  The Cesar Salad was good.  The Pinot from Willamette was also a great drinking wine.  One of the better meals I have had there... nice work.  I am nervous that the steak has not made another appearance yet.  Wish me luck.

No comments: