Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Shit



That's right, I said it!  At least it was not the F word.  I try not to use "Fort" as a header... it is just too controversial.  In any event, this was a great Memorial Day weekend.  The rain held off and we had wonderful weather.  80s and sunny? Not too shabby. On Friday we had a solid but not exceptional dinner at L'Amante.  The brussel sprouts were a little dry but the bolognese as usual was phenomenal.  Saturday we went over to the 'Dacks and hiked Giant Mtn.  Dang, I was spent.  It is 7.2 miles all in and fairly steep.  Great views but in the heat and all it was pass out time!  Sunday was to be an off day, nope! My folks came up and instead of a casual brunch and stroll around Shelburn Farms, we tore out the rose bushes and a tree and redid one of our gardens.  8 hours of sweat, dirt, and blood was not a day off!!!  Even Monday we spent a good part of the day gardening and such.  We did go for a lovely BBQ at friends K&D in Charlotte which was a nice way to wrap up.  I will tell you one thing, if that new planting dies I might bash myself in the head w/ a hoe.  Hoe... hahahaha.

So one thing... I thought I had got to the point in my career where I would no longer have to fill out a time sheet.  I may get killed just for saying this but yup, I now have to fill out a time sheet for a salary job. If I don't post within the next week tell my family I love them and call the po-po!!!!  Just kidding.  The cops won't help. 

How did you like the mobile post?  Send a comment and let me know, it might become a bigger part of my arsenal.

No comments: