Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Whoa!

I recently became aware of a mystery of epic proportions... I had to pass it along!  http://vtsasquatch.blogspot.com/

BTW, my lady and I had dinner at the bar at Bearded Frog last night.  I had a burger.  It was a little overcooked but ok.  The fries are really very good.  They are thin like McDonalds but very crispy.  Delicious.  The service was good and there was a very good deal on a flight of scotch.  You get to pick 3 3/4 ounce pours from any of their single malt selection for $16.  Not too shabby.  We went w/ a 12yr old Dalwhinnie that was tough on the nose but very smooth and drinkable, a more caramel color 18yr old Glenlivet that was nice, a little medicinal, but all around smoother on the palet but harsher in the throat, and then the 16yr old Lagavulin that was smoky peat as all get out.  Hit you in the face from first smell but was very rounded w/ plenty of earthy smoke, tobacco, and a hint of vanilla.  Nice.

No comments: