Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I Kan't Spel so Gud


I can't believe it but my special lady claims by blog is filled w/ spelling and grammatical errors.  I told her she smelled funny.  Jaybird 1, special lady 0!!!  Send me a comment and let me know what you thing about my Wu-Tang style, I beseech you.

OK, w/ that unpleasantness out of the way... Yesterday was free cone day at Ben and Jerry's.  What does that mean?  Well, in Burlington, VT that means a crazy line around the block in 38 degree weather for so so ice cream.  One, it is cold out.  If it was not free would there be any other reason to get ice cream in the winter?  Two, who has time to wait half an hour in the middle of the day for a small ice cream cone?  Three, a small cone costs what, $2?  Is your time really worth only $4 and hour?  Shit, minimum wage is like $7.50 or something.  You are actually giving money away waiting for that cone!  Maybe I just hate lines.

Well if that was a kick in the brain imagine my surprise to see the even longer line for free Boloco burrito day!  At least you are getting warm food on a cool day and the line was mostly filled w/ poor unemployed college kids.  I mean they probably drank a beer smoked a joint and came down to hang outside and chat up other co-eds waiting for sub par "mexican" food.  Still, the line went way down the block and again was probably 1/2 an hour to an hour wait for a not good burrito.  Is that good value?  Can you imagine if the Tavern had free beer day?  The line might stretch to Winooski!

2 comments:

Global View said...

My better half thinks I make grammatical errors all the time. I mean she was an English major and teacher but don't we in business get some slack for conciseness and speed in writing?

J-Bird said...

I am just trying to approximate the English language... no more, and perhaps a bit less