Thursday, August 4, 2011

Jay About a Market Meltdown...


Boy, it is ugly out there in the financial markets.  Dow down 500+points, S&P down 60 points, 10yr tsys up almost $2. 3 month T-Bills were yielding 0 today, 0!  You don't get paid anything!!!  Yikes.  Lots of "oh man, I just shit myself" faces across media outlets.  Not to mention we are looking at a potentially very poor jobs number tomorrow.  It just does not feel good out there.  F***.  Speaking of ugly, my golf game melted down yesterday like, well, like the economy!  I shot a 50 on the front, and a 65 on the back.  Some of those holes I had to just walk away.  It was like the tennis scene in The Royal Tenenbaums, at one point I was sitting on a hill starring at the green with no club and missing one shoe.  Not a great back nine.  On the flip side, it was a better day than A-rod is having... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bESGLojNYSo&ob=av3n

Speaking of a bad back night... We ate at the Bearded Frog last night and it did not go well.  Service was ok.  The food was not great.  I got sick in the night as well.  The golf beers may have also had something to do with that.  Not sure.  Let's blame it on the food. 

We tried the new Hill Farmstead Clara beer the other day.  It is described as a hoppy Saison.  I thought it was pretty solid, a good summertime sipper.  It was light, refreshing, nice flavor.  Not syrupy or heavy handed and winey as some saisons can be.  I liked it.

I found a fly in my chicken parm sandwich from Junior's today.  Fortunately I found it before I ate it.  Kind of gross.  Not pube in your sandwich or band-aid in your sandwich gross but not exactly the kind of extra I was looking for today.  A stray piece of peperoni or green pepper would have been better.  A fingernail would have been worse. 

Well, if you will excuse me, I am going to check my underwear... at some point during the meltdown today I may or may not have shit myself.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/03/golf-cart-fail-compilation-video_n_917509.html

No comments: