Friday, August 19, 2011

Das Poop!!!!

Haha, couldn't help myself.  Even my special lady commented that JAT had gotten a little poo-centric of late.  This is not one of those posts.  Seriously.  So I was working from home yesterday to test some systems and it sucked.  I figured I would wake up late, watch Sportcenter, eat some breakfast, Price is Right, lunch, and then mess around in the afternoon.  Instead I was up at a normal hour and working through connectivity issues and some other work stuff for the morning.  I did not even catch the showcase showdown!  After a pleasant lunch I was back trying to watch 9 different data sources on one 12" laptop.  F*ing brutal.  Meanwhile the market was melting down, I was inside while the sunshine was blazing outside, and my f*ing cat was just sitting outside the door to my office howling like I was beating him (I wasn't).  It was really quite unpleasant.  Hope returned when I headed back to Burlington and met some pals for beers and dinner.  It was $1 PBR night at Akes Thursday night.  That was pretty darn awesome and cheap!  We then rolled over to Das Bierehause for some big beers and chow.  I had a Jager Sandwich which was not at all what I was expecting.  It was pretty good though.  Or at least the PBRs told me so. It was a flattened piece of mystery meat/schnitzel I think on toast w/ fried onions, cheese and some weird brown gravy.  Hey, it was good.  The spicy fries were also really solid.  Mac and cheese was ok.  The one thing I was a little unsure of were the dumplings.  It is like a bready no meat meatball.  It tasted ok but the consistency was not super pleasant.  All in it was a good drinkin' meal.  And the waitress was pretty good looking in her dirndl and really was very nice to put up w/ our shit.  Usually an aggressively loud and overly detailed conversation about manscaping will get you shooshed but our server rolled w/ it and just gave us a mildly disapproving head shake.  Alright! 

Quick side note... we had lunch at Il Gatto and for a second time it was pretty darn good.  I had the carnitas taco and a mole pollo taco.  Both were good.  The guacamole was under seasoned and not very fresh but the salsa again was quite good. So far, so good.

No comments: