Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jay About Tired Town


I just flew back from a conference in DC and boy my arms are tired! Take my wife... please! My hotel room was so small when I put the key in the door it almost broke the window! OK, enough Henny Youngman one liners. I am pretty spent though. I was able to get in a ton of meetings and had time to see a couple friends in down time. Good trip. We did have a couple decent meals. One place was Tosca on F street. It was an Italian joint and the food was solid. I had veal ravioli in a red wine reduction that was really quite nice. The best part was the waiter, he looked like the bad guy from a James Bond movie. He wore a slightly worn white suit and spoke w/ an affected voice but the dude had a huge head with giant neck rolls one of which had a tattoo. He also had a scary face and meathooks that could rip my arms off. He was quite pleasant and professional though! We also ate at a Mediterranean tapas joint Zaytina on 9th that was fun. The lamb was really good and it was a cool place to get kind of rowdy. Good times.




One last tidbit... we saw The King's Speech the other day and it was really good. I was a little reluctant wanting a little more action, comedy, sex, etc... but this was a well acted, well shot, well written movie. 2 thumbs up. OK, I am spent... remember, you have a nice personality... just not for a human being. Ba Dum Dum!!!!!!

No comments: