Tuesday, January 18, 2011

F*ing Pats


I like football but do not have a designated team I love. That said, I have spent my life in New England and several years in the Boston area so I find myself following the Patriots. I hate the Jets... and Rex Ryan, and Antonio 22 kid limit Cromartie, and Matt Dirty Sanchez. Hate them. So I was pretty displeased to be sitting in a bar in Stowe w/ a bunch of assholes from Jersey wearing the same Sanchez jersey they probably skied in watching that disaster on Sunday. Plus the wings at RimRockers Tavern were gross. Otherwise it was a good place to watch a game with a bunch of TVs, pretty cold beer and a hot waitress. The game? 2 thumbs way down.


What else... I had the day off on Monday and met my special lady for lunch at Cook's Corner in Williston. Not many options for a decent meal in Williston (other than the Ponderosa of course). Cook's is quite an operation. It looks like a nice place until they put you in a large assembly line and then you sit down w/ a number tag in a cheesy cafeteria dining room. The counter guy really pushed the "weekend brunch" on my wife which messed up her ordering strategy and then the whole breakfast. Thanks alot counter guy. She got eggs and bacon and homefries. It was all pretty ok, not great. I got eggs benedict florentine. The creamed spinach was pretty good but the holandaise sauce was suspect. Overall it was ok, better than Applebee's. 1 thumb sideways.


Oh yeah, we also went w/ some friends to the Gregg Allman show at the Flynn on Friday. Nice venue for a relaxed concert. Props to LB squared who got us seats right up in the fourth or fifth row right in front of Greg. I'll give him credit, he does pretty well for an 80yr old dude w/ someone else's liver! He was good though, the concert was really enjoyable. We then rolled over to Nectar's and caught a really solid band covering Hendrix. We also had a pre-concert dinner at the Asiana Noodle House. It was surprisingly very good. The sushi was not bad, pretty fresh and the noodle soup was excellent. I had rice noodles and beef in a beef broth that was very nice. The saki was flowing and even though I almost waked into the ladies room it was good. 1 1/2 thumbs up. 1 7/8ths for the whole evening!

No comments: