Monday, January 4, 2010

Hard Getting Back in the Groove


Last week was nice and quiet and this weekend was great. Burlington had record snowfall w/ over 30 inches dropping. My special lady and I had a lovely braised salmon w/ mashed potato/turnip/parsnip, and some wilted kale and spinach. We also took down an '89 Bordeaux that she brought back from France years ago. Really a very pleasant evening. The next day we did a winter hike up the Stowe pinnacle which was a solid workout in the snow. Saturday was a wedding. One of the more interesting weddings I have been too. It was alot of fun though. Plus, we ended the night w/ a beer at Frannie-O's. 6 people dressed in suits at Frannie-O's? Yeah, we didn't stick out! Sunday the snow fell all day. I had to shovel a couple times to keep the cars clean. We geared up and did a little x-country skiing which was good because it was pretty cold and windy. Now... I am back to the grind. Spreadsheets, and full weeks, and phone calls, and relative value, and... oh man. My New Year's resolution is to try and relax. That and karate chop Bernie Sanders!

1 comment:

J-Bird said...

I don't speak binary but this sounds HOT!!!