Monday, September 28, 2009

Jay About a List... Why Not?!


I dunno, played a little golf, had a nice day w/ the family this weekend... not really much to review? But, I have been listening to a fair amount of Guns N' Roses lately and I can confidently say that they are my favorite band. Sure, The Beatles are the ground breakers and produced consistently great music, and the Stones pioneered the type or dirty blues rock , etc... But for a tiny moment GNR hit a groove that in my mind cannot be matched. So let's take a little look at one man's top 10 song list from the dirtiest, nastiest, most electrifying band, EVER!!!


10. Estranged; Power ballad, sort of.

9. Welcome to the Jungle; Started it all and was so grimy you sort of have to take a shower after listening to it, or go to the clinic!

8. Chinese Democracy; I'll admit it... I like this song. I think it rips and I think Buckethead really makes it happen. I like this album even though it only sort of sounds like Guns.

7. Sweet Child O' Mine; I actually don't care for most of this song but when Slash hits the solo he sounds like all of the greats... high on heroin!

6. You Could Be Mine: This one has grown on me... the first time I heard it I thought it was kind of lame but a little time has aged it like a fine wine... you know, like Cold Duck or Boons Farm.

5. It's So Easy; Great bass line and that one line "Why don't you just F*ck Off!!" I loved the F* bomb when this came out (still do) and this was this first non rap song where they just said what you were sometimes feeling.

4. Coma; I don't know why other than it seems to capture an insanity and the buildup is so intense until it finally hits a crescendo where a guy essentially dies!

3. Crazy (acoustic version): Dirty, bluesy... makes me want to smoke a cigarette and I don't smoke.

2. Rocket Queen; Huge drums, big guitar, epic soundscape, and Axl had sex w/ a girl in the studio and put it on the record. Seriously!

1. Mr. Brownstone; "I don't worry about nuthin' no, cause worryin' is a waste of my time." Well said Axl, well said...



So there you have it on an uninspired Monday.

No comments: