Friday, September 18, 2009

Jay About the Black Crowes


Way back in my college days I was a huge Black Crowes fan. I used to sit in a small dorm room play Sega (Madden 95) and listen to Amorica over and over. I still like to break out a BC album from time to time an rock out. Well, they have played in the Burlington several times over the last few years but for some reason I have never gone to check them out. Well last night was my night! It really was a mistake having missed out on the past shows. This was a really great concert. Bluesy, jammy, energetic... they were like a cross between the Allman Brothers and Rolling Stones. It was a short concert w/ no opener but they were very tight and played a good mix of older stuff as well as newer songs. They also stayed away from some of the played out "hits" like "Hard to Handle" and "She Talks to Angels". Good move. Overall I would give the concert 2 thumbs up. Better see 'em while you can, Chris Robinson looks about 70 and may possibly overdose at any moment, just sayin'.


Strike 2 on Bistro 156. An upscale sports bar cannot have warm flat beer... Seriously, buy a f*ckin fridge!


Of keep f*ckin' chickens!



Can't make this stuff up...




R.I.P. Guiding Light! We'll miss ya!!!





No comments: