Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday... Again


So the gov't. came out w/ their big plan to save the economy and markets really rallied. So why did my day suck so bad? Sometimes you can really get mired in minutia... Ever notice how talking heads on CNBC cry and wail for somebody to do something, for instance the government needed to do something to save the economy. Then when somebody does something they complain about the action, regardless of what it is? Then if the government flip flops, these ya yos criticize that? Seriously, if these dickheads were so smart, they would be making a bunch of money at a hedge fund as opposed to armchair quarterbacking on TV.

So my buddy DG and I had a day off from the ladies Saturday and decided to spend it in style... watching basketball and drinking beer @ the Sunset Grill in Stowe. It was pretty ok! I had a "Belly Buster". It was a pulled pork sandwich on a toasted grinder roll w/ cheddar cheese and coleslaw! Oh yeah, and fries. My belly did nearly burst, but it recovered in time to rock an app. and entree (delicious venison w/ a pinot poached pear and parsnip puree) and Hen of the Wood. That place is great and keeps it's 2 thumb rating. The Sunset? Well, if you enjoy a dive bar like I do, then you might agree w/ my 1 3/4 thumb up. If you don't? Go have some lobster foam on your Waldorf salad fancy pants!!!

No comments: