Monday, March 9, 2009

Gotta Nice Little Weekend Planned...


Oh Baby, what a weekend! We had the in-laws in for the weekend and it was exhausting. They are good people and we get along very well but it is a whirlwind. One item of note was our second round @ the Open Arms Cafe in Shelburne. My special lady and I had gone on opening weekend and been overwhelmed w/ the scene. This past weekend we went around closing and found it to be a much more mellow pleasant atmosphere. There were still a few kids running around but that is to be expected w/ a family run operation. My sister and her boyfriend had a couple veggie wraps that were by all accounts tasty but maybe a little heavy on red onion. the mom and pop shared a burrito which was also enjoyable but a little onion-y. My lady and I shared a Cuban Club (Cuban w/turkey). I thought it was really good. I like the way they toast the baguette, it is crunchy w/out tearing up the inside of your mouth. Well seasoned sandwich, good flavor. We also had a Tunisian smoothie that was great. Overall I thought it was a nice little meal, 1 1/2 thumbs up.

Sunday? To mellow out we did a little antiquing down Rt.7. That's right, we went antiquing, want to fight about it?! Most of those places have a bunch of junk but sometimes you find something. We are looking for an antique bed frame. No luck but you have to play to win! the real highlight was the drive up Rt 100 from Killington to Waitsfield. It was a really great drive. Not bad traffic, beautiful scenery, I was able to speed. If you have a little time to kill and want to see something new check it out. Just watch out for the Kamchatka bear!

No comments: