Friday, January 23, 2009

Jay About Wall Street


So everybody is mad at John Thain (former Merrill Lynch CEO) because in 1 yr he took out a huge salary even though he helped blow up the company and now news is coming out that he spend something like $1.2mm to furnish his office. He also spent 230K for a personal driver. Expensive rugs, a $35K commode, sconces, credenzas... the whole shebang. Here is the thing, I am kind of pissed too. Am I really mad because I think John Thain wronged me in some way though or am I just jealous... a playa hata if you will? Seriously, doesn't everyone have some type of fantasy about being super rich and flying in private jets, driving fancy cars, eating a the posh restaurants? I know some hippies are against that kind of thing but not me... I want to make a bucket of cash (a big bucket). So whatever, if what he was doing was such an offensive crime, wouldn't co-workers, the board of directors, the janitor, say "Hey Thain, what the f*ck?!". But nobody did, they just all tried to get a piece of the action. On a side note, why are super expensive boat and plane interiors so ugly? Is it a joke rich people are in on? "Yeah, the really ostentatious gold looks good. That unbelievably ugly paisley pattern? Put in on everything... yeah, I want the carpet to look like a Skittles diarrhea explosion! Perfect..."

Me? I am going to my not super posh house to hope that my big head cat eats some of the mice invading my keep. I do have a great wife and not too much debt though... and cable. See, money does not buy happiness, just really cool shit that could potentially make you happy!

No comments: