Friday, December 12, 2008

Jay About My Couch


Yesterday I was felled by some bad chicken wings... those things really burn on the way out! It did afford me a little quiet time on the couch and I caught a couple gems on the talking box. First up I watched the original "The Day the Earth Stood Still". Pretty interesting but a little preachy. The main actor, Michael Rennie, had this wacky bemused look on his face throughout the movie which was cracking me up. Plus the 1951 special effects really were special. The space ship, space suits, and the robot death ray... fantastic! I mean the robot Gort? Check it out before you let Keanu ruin it for you! 2 silly thumbs up.

I then caught a real classic on Encore, "Summer Lovers", starring Peter "Eyebrows" Gallagher, and Daryl "Before I was Famous" Hannah. The movie is about a college couple who spends the summer on a Greek Island, and the meets a french woman and they turn into a three was couple. Seriously. No Joke, that is what the movie is about. First off, when I went to college I don't remember anyone looking like Daryl Hannah... of course I also don't remember many couples who both looked 32. Second, Gallagher's eyebrows actually exert gravitational pull... you could see small stones rotating around his head. Third, how do 2 college kids afford a beautiful villa in a clean area overlooking the beach? Fourth, how is it that nobody needs a job? Five... hello gratuitous nudity! Six, well, that's about it, it was a ridiculous story, some silly acting, and tons of naked people on the beach. 2 thumbs way up!

By the way, the best part about our current financial trouble is the amount of times people say "huge package", "massive package", "how many large packages do we need"? Kills me every time!

No comments: