Monday, December 29, 2008

Brief Sports Aside


If you don't like sports go ahead and skip this post. Feel free to mosey on back to Dorktown as well!!! Hahahahaha! That's right, I am a big sports bully! Anyway, I haven't spouted off about the state of the games in awhile so I thought I would posit my 2 cents. Hey Jay, what do you think about the Yankees spending spree?! Well, it seems like a can't win proposition right? I mean it was a slamdunk the last time they dropped mad cash on Randy Johnson, Roger Clemens, Jason Giambi, A-Rod... oh wait, what? You say they have not won w/ that plan and in fact have done much worse after making those moves including blowing a 3-0 lead to the Red Sox in the playoffs and missing the playoffs last year w/ the highest payroll in baseball?! Really?! No Shit! But Jay, this is different... Oh yeah, a 400 pound dude who sucks in the playoffs, has pitched too many innings the last 2 years and did not want to come to NY for the richest pitching contract in history... that should work out well. Burnett? He has had a solid injury filled career (I guess Carl Pavano wasn't available). Teixera might be good... Plus you still have mainstays, I can't go to my right (or left) Jeter, Melky "We can't trade this guy for a case of beer" Cabrera, Johnny "noodle arm" Damon, Broke Down Godzilla, Pitcher To Be Named Later, and the 80 year old Sandman. Print up the World Series Tickets now! The Sox? Better stay healthy, convince my favorite player Mike Lowell it was all a bad dream, and hope Brad Penny has something left in the tank. Oh yeah, and about that catcher position... Not betting my house on that one either. Although, given the current state of the housing mkt, that is not too big of a bet!

J-E-T-S!!! Jets, Jets, Jets!!!! Didn't see this coming. A Favre meltdown? 3 big interceptions? That guy is great, his career is 1 Super Bowl better than Warren Moon but everybody loves him. Tom Brady could never play another game and he was better than Favre. So is Peyton Manning. I like the Atlanta Falcons. Good for them. It took the law to free them from that punk Vick but they are finally turning it around! Kind of wish my fantasy football team had the same resurgence... I folded like the Jets down the stretch. Crap.

How 'bout them Lakers? That's right, I am a Lakers fan! I like the Celtics because I can see all of their games on local TV, and spending a few years in Boston I went to a fair number of games and have been following the team closely since before the M.L. Carr era. But in the end the Lakers are my team. I say Lakers over Celtics in 6 this year. I am betting my coworker Dick's house on this one. If I lose feel free to just go over and claim it, it's cool, he is pretty level headed. So, I guess that is it for the moment.

No comments: