Monday, September 22, 2014

Hell Yeah I Party!!!



Hey Jay, What did you do this weekend? Anything awesome? Totally awesome!  After a day of chasing my kids around at a harvest festival filled to the brim w/ other insane kids and their wiped out parents at Shelburne Farms, we came home and gave the kids a bath. After we got them out and were drying them off my son starts saying, "poop, poop". Uh oh! I race to get a diaper on him while my wife cleans up the bathroom (oh yeah my daughter had pissed on the floor. Well, the silent assassin was not done. She snuck into our room quiet as could be and took a dump on the rug. Saturday night. Of course Sunday was also awesome, another harvest fest, this one put on by the Skinny Pancake, and another poop event. This time my son took a shit that launched out of his diaper and went all over his jammies and his legs. That was pretty fun.

I liked the SP festival, it was pretty chill and they had good food and beer. Of course because I was chasing around my kids I really was unable to talk to my friends and barely escaped them launching off the jungle gym a couple times. One other guy's kid did take a digger and he had to suffer bad parent stares while he just tried to drink a beer. I felt for him... easily could have been me. You can't manage more than one kid at a time on a playground full of other kids. Too much going on and those places are death traps.

We did see 2 pretty good movies on Netflix this weekend. Silver Linings Playbook was excellent. Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence were both very good and Bobby DeNiro even showed up with a very good performance. Great chemistry and an interesting story. 1 7/8ths thumbs up. We also watched the WWII movie Defiance. It was better than I expected. Again the actors made the movie. Leiv Schreiber and Daniel Craig were great. They both excelled as smoldery (wife's word) complex characters. The Russian accents were not so great but that was kind of fun as well. I'll give that movie 1 1/2 thumbs up.

So there you have it... like I said, awesome!

No comments: