Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Jay About Thai Dishes



So we dropped our kids off for their first day of school/daycare. Up until this point we had a nanny so they had been primarily home throughout the day. I thought dropping them off at a new place would be traumatic but they didn't give 2 shits when I left. My son gave me a quick hug and my daughter faded me like I was a stranger! Daddy can't compete w/ a new kitchen playset and a plastic tiger. F*ing tiger. I will say this, getting up an hour earlier and making sure everyone is prepped for the day and have lunches and 32 snacks is a giant pain in the ass.

We had a little out at the Echo Center this weekend and as the kids were pretty well behaved we decided to test our luck w/ lunch. A few staples were pretty packed and not having many ideas we decided to try a new Thai place in Burlington, Thai Dishes. The space looked nice enough but we were a little alarmed that it was empty. We asked the waitress setting up tables if they were open and she said not until noon. Well, first off... it was just past noon. Secondly, who does not open for lunch service at 11 or so? Whatever, it is hard to f*** up Thai food too bad and we like empty places because we are less worried about the monsters we take around with us. A couple other tables fill in and we peruse the menu.  The well behaved kids leave quickly and we are now in a race against time. It takes the waitress forever to get around to our order but lo and behold she has given us the wrong menu anyway. "It is my first time working a weekend lunch". Yeah, I am sure that is the problem. We order fast. She brings me the wrong dish. Of course. I had already started mixing the rice in the curry so that f*d up 2 meals. We finally got our food and it was fine. The Pad Thai was adequate. The Massaman Curry was pretty good, very spicy. The kids steamed veggie dish was a bust. They liked the chicken satay but the vegetables were hard as rocks and lacked flavor so for our little ones that did not play. No problem, they ate a bunch of our food. As the mess began to take over the table and the fussing got louder it was time to wrap it up. I asked for a leftover box and the check. I got my check but never saw the leftover curry. Overall 1 thumb sideways if you are in a pinch. The service was terrible, the food is decent but overpriced. I would take the extra 10 minutes and cruise over to Tiny Thai. But then I wouldn't have anything new to write about so f*** it!

BTW, I am very upset about my nudie pics w/ Jennifer Lawrence coming out so please take it easy and don't stare.

No comments: