Monday, June 17, 2013

Jay About Vin



I cruised over to this new bar Vin after work on Friday.  It is 2 doors over from L'Amante who opened it up.  The bar is pretty ambitiously set up as a bar, retail shop, learning center.  When I went in there was nobody there. It was a sunny day so most people flock to Church St to sit outside but this was ominous. Still, I was happy to sit in the AC and enjoy some quiet. They could use a small TV as I would have liked to watch the U.S. Open (bartender agreed).  I ordered a glass of Prosecco, some Spanish ham, and Manchego. They slice the meat right behind the bar and the presentation was complete with all the accouterments and was quite pleasing.  Wine was ok.  Ham and cheese were good and nice portions.  It is expensive on the food front but pretty reasonably priced for the wine options. Service was solid and the bartender was very friendly. Overall it was fine.  L'Amante took time to get a following but they are very popular and very good... this place may need the same time and patience.  Or it could fold in a few months.  Hard to tell in a town where Sputi's seems to get the most action on any given night?  Anyway, I will go back... but I won't hurry back.

No comments: