Thursday, June 13, 2013

Jay About the Hindquarter



So the Hindquarter truck that usually parks by the Maltex building but today they were over by Maglianero so I was fired up (thanks JB for the tip)! I wandered over and made my move on a softshell crab BLT.  A lot going on you say?  You betcha! I stayed away from the fries and the whoopie pie because I am fat. I am sort of regretting that decision and sort of happy about it. So now I am "enjoying" an apple. Back to the sandwich. It was very ok.  The crab was fried in cornmeal and had nice flavor and consistency.  Wasn't too chewy as is sometimes the case. Unfortunately the bacon made up for it. A lot of gristle and was not great in terms of flavor either. The preserved lemon aoli was really quite nice, not too heavy but nice subtle lemon flavor. The star was the brioche bun which was delicious.  Overall I liked it and would be willing to try the place again but for $11 I was not blown away. 1 thumb up.

That apple is delicious.  Had a pizza from Bite Me yesterday and not sure if that or the beers I drank but I am running for mayor of poop town today.  Maybe I need to tweet more?  My co-worker and I had a beer at a local establishment yesterday and the smug factor was off the charts.  They are in the middle of a major construction project so to be friendly I thanked the guy for my beer and asked how they were doing given the makeshift kitchen and bar.  You expect excitement about the new space and something like... "we are doing really well!". Nope.  "Fine". That's it?  That is what I say to my mother when she calls and I don't want to chat. F*** you buddy!  Your tip just went from $2 to a cameo on Jay About Town and one big f*** you!  These service folks need to be more friendly. Like Me.

So, not sure if this will work but I attached a song from my buddy's band Rival Trio.  Very dirty reverb 70's rock.  Lease a comment and suggest a new name.

No comments: