Thursday, March 15, 2012

Jay About the Dirty Water!

So my buddy T-Pain and I ventured last night to our newest local hot spot... The Whiskey Room!  I don't know if it is really a "hot spot" but it is new.  Housed in the old AnyThing's Pastable space and an outgrowth of Ri Ra's it is fair to go into the Whiskey Room w/ some small amount of, shall I say, trepidation?  Well, I will tell you, it is a really nice space.  Old school cigar and whiskey with dark wood, glass, metal, and sumptuous leather.  Sure it is the same bartender and food as Ri Ra's, I don't care.  When the waitress handed me the "whiskey bible" I knew I was in the right place.  The bourbon and Canadian whiskey selections are uninspiring but the Scotch and Irish whiskeys are very interesting.  I wnet w/ a 10 yr. old Irish and it was smooth w/ just a hint of peat and excellent vanilla and tobacco flavors.  The beer selection is also nice though if you don't drink Guiness you f*d up.  Overall, I enjoyed it... kind of fear it... and will be back, maybe tonight!!!

No comments: