Tuesday, November 15, 2011

OK, I have a couple things to talk about


First off, I met up w/ my special lady for date night a couple days ago at The Antidote in Vergennes.  Vergennes is a funny town that is in perpetual gentrification mode but never quite gets there.  It does have some very pleasant and unpretentious chow spots and this is one of them.  We rolled in and sat at the counter behind the bar (actually I was a couple minutes late and my lady already had a drink).  I ordered one up as well, a Manhattan.  It was well executed and well presented w/ a very solid sidecar in ice.  Nice start.  We started our dinner off w/ poutine.  I wish they used better cheese curds but ther gravy was a delicious sort of sweet Guinness gravy that was not bad at all.  My lady went w/ a ceasar salad w/ chicken which was pretty good but had a little too much chicken.  I had a modified Cuban sandwich that was porkilichious.   It featured habenero pickled onions and pickles, and it was good.  The side salad was also quite good.  The service was pleasant and attentive and the price was very reasonable.  I would go back no doubt... let's call it 1 2/3rds thumbs up.

Sunday I was down in NYC and took in the Foo Fighters at MSG.  They were really good.  I had been a luke warm fan for awhile.  I mean they are what they are, a power pop band that rocks out and creates anthems not unlike Bon Jovi.  Seriously, Bon Jovi could have done that Hero song right?  Which is fine, I like those guys too.  Well, I think frontman Dave Grohl really gets the joke.  He played to the crowd, he pumped his fist, he banged his head and ran all over the stage.  Most importantly they absolutely rocked out.  It was loud and it was tight.  They played for 3 straight hours w/ no breaks and had a sick encore that featured Joan Jett who looked and sounded great for an 82 year old woman.  It was a really fun time and if you like a rock concert not a goof fest in a coffee house... get your ass out to see the Foo!!




Overall it was a great weekend that I am still hurting from.  I could not hear properly for 18 hours.  That is good right?

No comments: