Wednesday, July 6, 2011

USA! USA! USA!


We finally got some relief here in the damp northeast this weekend.  It was a little rainy Sunday morning but the rest of the weekend was quite pleasant.  It has been very warm and the sun has even poked out. Well, except for this afternoon when hail hit the building sideways... Anywho, my special lady and I had a very nice relaxing weekend.  Sunday was the money day.  We got up and had some breakfast and then drove out to hike Mt Abraham.  The one kick in the cajones?  As we drove east towards the mountain we ran into a large fourth or July fair in Huntington.  As in the shut the main road down and there was no way to get around for several miles.  Ok, no big deal, it was a nice day so we just headed on an alternative route around.  Until we got to the next town south, Bristol.  Another f*ing parade!!!  Fat people in jorts bikini tops and all tattooed up, and then there were the ladies!!! It is really something seeing the crowds at local fairs.  Really something.  I am a bit of a genius behind the wheel so I was able to cruise through a few parking lots and find our way eventually to the trail head.  From there it was a lovely hike. Sure, maybe I was sweating like a fool and almost passed out half way up but it was very nice regardless.  One fun fact... on the top of the mountain there is ample room to sit and take in the view.  So where did 2 ya-yos decide to pop a squat?  yup, 18 inches behind my lady and I.  Really? Couldn't find another place to sit?  Had to make it weird?  Thanks chief! 

After the hike I was able to finish leg 2 of my amazing holiday trifecta... The 3 dessert day!  Step 1.  I had a cookie on the mountain.  Step 2.  After the hike we hit up a cremee stand where fatty fat fat here rocked a root beer float. Step 3. mini red velvet cupcake!  What do you know about that shit!!!  Here I am making fun of folks at the fair!  Meanwhile, I have a few paper clips trapped in the gravity pull of my gut.  Only one way to cure that... a beer!  Or maybe the pulled pork we spent 28 hours cooking on Sunday.  That was a disappointing bust.  We prepped and cooked all f*ing day and the pulled pork was good, not great.  And my stomach is a mess.  I love pulled pork... it hates me. 

We need more long weekends.  Like all of them in the summer. And fall.  And spring.  Don't want to make winter feel like a bastard season.  That would be mean.

No comments: