Thursday, December 30, 2010

Jay About the end of another year


How stupid does Nostradamus look now? End of the world in 2000, yeah we are about to roll into 2011 and we are still limping along. In your face dead weirdo! So, it appears everyone does year end lists and I am just a follower so how about I do a list or two?


Top 5 area chow spots

5. American Flatbread. Hate to say it but they have a great beer selection and consistent "bread"

4. The Alchemist. One of the better brewpubs I have ever been to. Great beer, cool vibe, and solid everyday burger-type fare.

3. Bluebird Tavern. They just changed chefs which makes me nervous but to this point the food is inventive, flavorful and always prepared w/ great care. Heavy but delicious.

2. L'Amante. Good food, good service, good drinks. Best Bolognese in the area hands down.

1. Hen of the Wood. I don't care what anyone says it is still the best restaurant I have eaten at in VT. Try the short ribs. Or anything else for that matter


Top 5 Youtube videos

5. Annoying Orange- the one w/ the leprechaun. Pisses everyone off, I love it

4. Panda Cheese Commercial. That panda is not to be trifled with!

3. Drinking Out of Cups. Lighthouses rule

2. Porkchop sandwiches. Oh shit! Get the F*** out!

1. Crazy Whale Guy. 34K views and I am 30K of those. You want me the have a mutha f*in' heart attack?!


Top 5 things that really annoy me.

5. Prius drivers. Kind of speaks for itself no?

4. Pakistani cell phone customer service.

3. colin cowheard on ESPN radio. If I ever meet that dude in person I will punch him in the face

2. ONSTAR radio commercials. "Oh no I have just shit my pants on Rt. 100. OK, relax sir, we will send the police. WWWAAAHHHHH. Shut the f*** up sir!"

1. Air travel. I really hate JFK and everything about getting on (or actually not getting on) a plane these days.


Top 5 things that happened to me in 2010.

5. I made it to 1/30/10 in decent health!

4. That bowel evacuation in the weird Puerto Rican bar was pretty fun, but having a coconut drink and watching the sun set over the ocean was a little better

3. Swimming in a warm lake on a 90 degree day in Maine was fantastic

2. Sitting on a back deck overlooking the Tetons, or in the hot tub w/ snow falling (in summer) in Montana, or watching grizzlies in Yellowstone were all really fun.

1. Everyday w/ my special lady just doing our thing. Each one of those days is alright w/ me.



So good luck and good health to all 5 of you reading this in 2011. I will toast a champer or two to you tomorrow night (and maybe tonight too!).

No comments: