Monday, February 1, 2010

Uh, I forget


What I was going to post about... I just got a not totally unexpected gut punch? Oh yeah, last night's Grammy fiasco. So we were watching the SNL sports special and flipping back and forth to the Family Guy but there were a few times when both were at commercial so we flipped onto the Grammy Awards. What a f*ckin' shitty piece of television! First off, how and when did Green Day go from punk alternative to the biggest suck ass sell outs in the world? I mean rappers sell out and I applaud them but they at least seem to get the joke. But Green Day is just suckling at the corporate teat and it is a little sad. Second, Lady Gaga freaks me out. Third, Taylor Swift was singing a song w/ the great Stevie Nicks. Now Stevie has a ton of miles on her odometer but she can still belt out a song and be somewhere in the neighborhood of "in tune". Taylor Swift on the other hand sounded like she was killing an animal... w/ a spork. Why would they do that to Stevie, hasn't she been through enough? Silver Springs people!

So I started reading the Eric Clapton autobiography and it is mesmerizing. Very cranky and pretty down to earth but at the same time running in the same circles as the most amazing musicians ever. An easy read and so far fun.

I had a weird dream last night that I was Indiana Jones. The part where I was a strapping archaeologist swinging around on catwalks was the the weird part. That I could not shoot laser beams from my fingers was the strange thing?!

My buddy was rocking a cool lobster tie last week... if anyone knows where I can get a Kamchatka Bear tie... let me know!

No comments: