Monday, February 22, 2010

Monkey Business


Let's start the week right!



OK, now that we are in a good place. What an exciting hockey game between the Canucks and USA USA USA!!!! The Canadian team definitely looked like the better team but the Americans showed a ton of heart and the goalie Miller played out of his mind. Kessel diving to poke in the empty netter was symbolic of the effort these guys gave. Really fun to watch. Of course only if you have CNBC or the Canadian channel because after showing the Russia/Chech game earlier and then setting it up w/ a long special about the Miracle on Ice... NBC decided to go in another direction and show Ice Dancing. Ice Dancing. What the F***?!?!?!?! Who watches ice dancing? Besides TH over here but I mean, you know, he is a good guy, we are just done professionally.


So we went to a party hosted by some very generous friends over at the Bluebird Tavern and again they really came through w/ delicious food. It is terribly heavy though (and a little salty). I am still clearing out my arteries as we speak. A little more vegetable matter would do wonders. All in all it was fun though.


Saturday we started the day w/ a walk in the park behind our house and then I busted open the beer kit my lovely wife got for me for Christmas. It was a lot of steps and everything needs to be super clean. I am not sure how the yayos at say Magic Hat do it. I mean if you think of the history of booze you think of hillbillies and back yard stills that are anything but clean. Meanwhile I have to sterilize my cat before I can brew beer anywhere in the house!!! It is kind of fun though and when the beer starts to ferment it is quite rewarding. I have my fingers crossed the final product will be drinkable.


Saturday night we hit the town w/ friends. Dinner at Madeira's was fine if unremarkable. I had green chili enchiladas w/pork and a so so margarita. It is VT Mexican food. The real capper though was a trip to Trattoria Delia for after dinner drinks. We were set up at a little table in front of the fake fire and made it happen w/ a combination of homemade limonchello, sambuca, sweet wine, espresso and finally this thing called Gravo or Grollo or something w/ a G. It was a hand carved wooden bowl w/ multiple spouts and filled w/ espresso, liqueur, and orange wheels. It is passed around and is delicious and fun. Of course the asshole that I am, I was first up to taste. The waitress said it was overfull and told mt the lid was a little loose. I held the lid but still managed to pour the hot liquid all over the front of myself. Go Jay!!! Always makin' it classy!!! 2 huge thumbs up, it was really entertaining.


Now if you will excuse me, NBC is showing 6000 meter snow walking prelims...

No comments: