Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th!!!!


Yup, it's that wacky day were people get all freaked out talking about bad luck, omens, and what not. I can tell you that I did experience some anomalies this morning... I was caught behind what seemed like a fleet of soccer moms in mini-vans on my way to work. Yup, they took up slow and passing lanes and tried to keep it about 10 MPH below the speed limit. My favorite was the woman doing 15 below who never noticed my tailgating or shaking fist because she was staring straight down and trying to dial Zimbabwe on her cell phone... must have been trying to transfer funds to her email prince!

One fun thing about today is that it is an opportunity to release a new Friday the 13th movie and I am sure show old ones on TV. I am a huge fan and even have a few gems in my dvd collection. A quick stroll down memory lane brings me back...

Part I. who could forget the early eighties short shorts and gratuitous nudity? Plus, hello to Kevin Bacon who possibly peaked early in his career when he overacted his way through an arrow screwed through his chest! Bravo Kevin!
Part II. One Mrs. Vorhees killed and ol' Jason gets to keep her head around. Those effects sure were "special"!
Part III. Jason vs a motorcycle gang in 3-D!!!! Boo-YEAH!!! oh yeah, they also introduced the hockey mask, he used to wear a sheet on his face.
The Final Chapter. "Final" being very loosely used of course... but we do get an introduction to Tommy Jarvis of them Jarvis Boys, played by Cory Feldman!
New Beginning. Who is the new blood you ask? Cory Feldman!!! Yup he killed teenagers before his career.
Jason Lives VI. OK, Jason becomes the undead and it starts getting weird
New Blood VII. Released from the depths of Crystal Lake, blah, blah, blah...
Jason Takes Manhattan VIII. Now we are getting somewhere! Jason in the Big City? Small fish, big pond, needs the money, does things he is not proud of... you know the story. Plus he punches some dudes head clean off his body and off a skyscraper! Money in the bank!!!
Jason Goes to Hell:The Final Friday. Once again, kind of loose interpretation of the word "final". Of course, now Jason is an evil essence beyond human form... and the cover of the dvd is funny.
Jason X. Where can we go from hell spawn? How about space? Check and mate! I own this movie and I love it, one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen on film... and I have seen some random shit! The part where he goes into the virtual reality is can't miss film making!
Freddy vs Jason. Given the possibilities, this was a little disappointing. With two of my favorite horror characters it was not disappointing enough not to buy and watch 12 times!!!!

So here we are today... the new movie is a "re-imagining" of the original. You know, a hip director and big producer spend a ton of money on a remake. They have done it for Halloween and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Am I excited? What do you think!!!!

No comments: