Friday, June 13, 2008

Blowin' Sh*t Up!




I have a cold. It is June 13th and I am sick, can you believe that crap?! Stupid Friday the 13th. I am a little foggy headed so that is my excuse if this post makes no sense. So being a buy side guy in the business of finance, you sometimes have the opportunity to schmooze. It is relationship building and is really quite useful. Now most folks play golf, or go sport fishing, or do dinners. Here in VT? We shoot guns!! Now I am not actually a gun owner and am not exactly an enthusiast... but my co-workers are and I am more than happy to go along for the ride. Not sure I am down w/ killing animals but I am a huge fan of putting a few slugs in a cardboard target (or in my case all over the dirt mound behind the target). Yesterday we shot a .22, a .40. a .45...an AR-15 assault rifle and a 12gauge shotgun. Man, that shotgun knocks you back a bit! Then we went for a civilized dinner at the Kitchen Table in Richmond.

My dinner was ok. The service was fine but deathly slow. I had a Caesar salad which was pretty good, not overly dressed. I then went w/ a chicken pate which was actually very creamy and quite good. Could have used some more bread for that. I finished w/ a crusted pork loin. It was a little dry but the flavor was good. The garlic potatoes and asparagus were quite good. I would g 1 1/4 thumbs up. I have had better meals there. On the bright side, there may not be many things more humorous than the look on the 80 yr old stuffy lady in pearls' face when a rousing F* bomb rose above the already quite heightened din at the table of goons next door. Yeah, we were the goons!

Pop quiz hot shot... can you name the Prez on the dime? Time's up!

No comments: