Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Jay About Town Goes to NYC


I have the distinct pleasure of celebrating my wife's birthday and Valentine's day in a 2 day span. Yup, the old 2-fer weekend! Well, this year we decided to head on down to NY City and paint the town red. I really enjoy visiting NY, there is just alot going on. I could probably write a 2000 word tome on the weekend but I think I will stick to a quick hit format.


-Where did we stay? The Tribecca Grand. This place is very hip. Great bar w/ an amazing selection of booze, the well drinks would be top shelf in most joints! Pretty decent apps as well, we really like the lobster salad. The rooms were suprising large for a boutique hotel, and very well appointed w/ what my lady described as "products you buy @ Barney's!". Hot Damn!! We really enjoyed the stay here.


-Where did we eat? Friday night we had our romantic dinner out @ "Po". We started w/ a white bean bruschetta which was good but had a ton of garlic. We then shared a goat cheese W/ black olive tartufo and a salad of greens and I believe hard parm cheese. Both very good. For our main courses, my lady went w/ the Orechiette, I rocked the veal marsala. We also took down an Italian bottle of wine I am at a loss to remember. All in all, delicious food, nice sized portions, reasonable px, great atmosphere, solid service. 2 thumbs up. Thanks Steve C. for the recommendation.

Brunch the next day was at "The Odeon". They had these fantastic fresh warm doughnuts w/ a carmelized maple dipping sauce. Add that to a fantastic bloody mary, very nice eggs bene., and good beer selection... I give it a solid 1 3/4 tumbs (a little priecey for smallish drinks) and decent buzz up!

Dinner Saturday night was a pizza joint in SoHo. Hey, it was f*ing delecious, you can't get good pizza in VT.


-what else did we do? We saw my first Broadway show, Marry Poppins, Saturday night. Love the story, thought the actors were great, fun set, she got to fly around a bunch. Plus we had great seats, 1st row in the mezzanine. It's Broadway... call me fruity if you like but it was a ton of fun!. Saturday we walked, shopped, and drank beers. Great day.


-How was the flight? As you might expect... it sucked. For the 1000000th straight flight we were delayed in and out of JFK. The best was the delay out, the XM radio was busted so we had to sit at the gate for an hour so Jetblue could detemine is was busted, tuen the whole in flight entertainment system, and then finally attempt to take off w/ no tv (the best part about Jetblue), a screaming kid in front of us, a huge snoring dude (300lbs?), and hopefully a very rewarding $10 in the mail for our trouble!!! Thanks Jetblue!!!!!!!!


So there you have it... a great weekend, w/ a lovely partner, having loads of fun. I am ging the weekend a very solid 2 thumbs up!!!


btw... in other NY news...hahahahahahaha

No comments: