Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Um, Hi



Yeah, I know... it's been awhile. And you might be asking, what have you been up to? None of your damned business!!! Actually, I have been busy I suppose but not really doing anything particularly interesting. I have been mildly addicted to the Discovery show Alaska: The Last Frontier. I am not sure it needs a full review though. All you need to know is that for people who live off the land and are homesteaders... these people are pretty darn good looking and well educated. They could make the show 20 minutes instead of 48 by removing the scene replays.  Oh yeah, and they are all related to Jewel. Yeah, the one who used to have the f*d up teeth. She was still quite attractive... for a homesteader.

I have recently watched a few movies... I really was excited about The Iceman with Michael Shannon. Sucked. No plot, and hard to figure out why they needed to make the movie.

We had our office holiday dinner at Hen of the Wood in Burlington.  I thought it was another excellent meal. I actually escaped w/out the heartburn I had last time, although maybe I could not feel the burn due to the raging headache I was rocking?  Anyway, the flank steak was nicely cooked and very flavorful. The pork rinds were also pretty greasy and delicious.

My kid has recently discovered the joys of night screaming. I was on solo duty last week and he was losing his shit so I brought him into bed.  He screamed in my ear then turned himself perpendicular to me, kicked me in the ribs (while screaming) for a bit, then finally fell asleep. Thanks pal.

Service at the Icehouse in Burlington gets 2 thumbs way down. I think I have figured out why the place is always empty... not very good food, priced way too high, and served by absolute morons. If you have recently "changed the menu"... then you should probably change the actual f*cking menu!

I was meeting a buddy at Barkeater's for a drink last week. When I popped in I was the only one there (5pm or so?). I asked for a Manhattan. The woman behind the bar got immediately flustered and started explaining how (even though she was behind the bar) she was not actually a bartender but she could probably make me a Manhattan.  Whoa!!!! Back up chief, I'll take a beer. She then told my buddy and I that there was an older guy who was about to arrive and he liked our seats and liked for his buddies to be able to sit there w/ him. So even though the bar was completely empty could we move down? When did I get to the Icehouse?!



I would like to thank the older woman who cut me off several times on Rt 7 the other day. I forgot how much I hate other drivers the other day! I am not sure why they put rearview mirrors in cars anymore. As with cigarette lighters they are only used by about 2% of the population. I should text that joke to a friend of mine tonight on my drive home. While swerving in between lanes looking at my radio.

Only one thing will make me feel better about the state of things...





No comments: