Monday, December 23, 2013

It's a mess



This weekend was a mess up here in the North Country.  While NYC enjoyed a 70 degree day, we had rain/sleet/freezing rain/snow... that left a sheet of ice on everything. My car was covered in snow and then a 1/2 inch layer of ice.  I really wish I had a garage. It made it tough to really do anything. Am I stoked to drive around in the freezing ice tomorrow? You know it!!!

One thing that did happen was that my kids turned 1 yesterday. I don't want to jinx it but after a very difficult beginning they are awesome. They are still small and there may be challenges ahead but when I think back to where we were in December of 2012 to where we are now it is amazing. My little boy is a bowling ball w/ tons of personality, no interest in sleep, and a hard head which he likes to use for head butts. My daughter is sweet and intelligent, and a little snaggle tooth. They are great and interesting in their own ways. They did get the shaft from their bummer parents though. A puzzle toy and banana bread w/ a couple candles. Boooo.

For Christmas I would like for my son to stop waking up at 5AM and screaming. That would be a cool gift, and pretty cheap.

So I know that the media loves themselves some Peyton Manning. Maybe it is because he is a goofy dude who is unattractive and does not have a super model wife, and often chokes in big games but people in general seem to love him and hate Tom Brady. That is fine. I thought I might point out that the record for touchdowns that Peyton just grabbed from Brady is impressive, kind of. Manning now has 51 touchdowns versus the 50 Brady threw in 07. Manning has thrown the ball 631 times so far. Brady threw it 578 times in the entire season. So if Brady had another 53 attempts would it matter? When you throw a touchdown every 11.6 attempts, that would actually put him on pace for 54+ TDs. So sure, the record is fine but anybody tossing the ball 700 times a season should find a nut or two along the way.

Merry Christmas and assorted holidays everyone!










No comments: