Thursday, November 7, 2013

Jay About Pizzeria Uno



Yeah, that's f***ing right... Uno's!! So we played our last round of golf the other day and needed a place to have some lunch. Quick tangent, it was like 50 degrees w/ 125mph wind gusts and nobody really working there. On the bright side, at the turn we went into the clubhouse to grab a drink for the back nine. My buddy asked for "your cheapest scotch". The look of shock and disgust on the bartender's face was impossible to explain. He said that the Dewar's was the "least expensive... they did not carry anything cheap". Fantastic.

So anyway, after that tough round we were not going back into the clubhouse to get a burger w/ a side of attitude and over expensive face ripper sauce. So we cruised over to Uno's... why not?! We have known for awhile about the joys of the Uno's bar. It is a big horse shoe bar on Rt 7 across from the Audi dealership. They have decent beers and serve up a nice 20ouncer. What about the food? Well, none of us had ever eaten there so it was a risk. A serious risk. The shit looked like airport fare. I ordered a special. Caesar salad and sliders. The salad was ok not great. Lettuce was a little limp, the croutons were ok. A little under dressed which is unusual for Caesar salads in my experience. It was fine though.  The real surprise were the sliders. This is where I thought I could really be going in the wrong direction. They were good. Very good actually. The meat was of pretty good quality and they seemed like a fresh burger not an old gross fake patty. The bun was soft and not stale. The cheese was decent and the sauce was spicy and pretty tasty. It was just plain solid. I might even go back... but not too often! 1 1/4 thumbs up.

Rented This is the End last night. I had high hopes and they were not met. The funny parts are all in the trailer. It was like an ego project for a bunch of d-bags. Made me really not like Seth Rogen actually. I did enjoy Danny McBride though. I would not recommend it.  I was much happier w/ the Triumph the Insult Dog clip show I watched afterwards on Netflix.

I did my own pic above... copyright stuff.

2 comments:

Global View said...

Try the Deep Dish pizza next time. And congratulations on the Red Sox. Wait till next year.

Former Chicago resident and Yankee Fan.

J-Bird said...

I look forward to your new 75yr old DH Beltran.

I feel like deep dish outside of chicago is like maple syrup in oklahoma... makes me nervous