Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Big Day for the Birds



So yesterday was Veteran's Day, a day some people have off... some don't. I do. My special lady decided to also take it off. My children's caregiver did not. So you know what that means... DATE DAY!!!! There is not much in the way of date night these days, just date day. Take what you can get. We went for a walk without a stroller. It was a fast walk! We watched some crazy dudes wield chainsaws like butter knives and cut down our old dying maple. That was sad. As my wife said, the tree grew for hundreds of years, was taken down in 2 hours. Many thanks to you maple... you were a good friend to our home.

Next stop... Tiny Thai in the Noosk for some cheap Thai food. Place was quite when we got there, absolutely packed by the time our food came. It was fast and delicious. I had a cold ginger tea w/ a spicy Tom Yum soup, and drunken noodles. 2 lunch specials ran us $21 w/ tip. I spend $12 for a f*ing sandwich most days. Big fan. We then did some grocery shopping and I almost ruined date day and went mental at the damned auto check out at Hannafords. It is a dumpy grocery store and the thing kept misreading what we had in (or out) of our basket.  The final indignity was the 12 minutes it took me to swipe a container of hummus. I really almost lost it. My wife calmed me down and we cruised to a movie. Pretty slim pickings but we opted for Thor in 3-D. Is it Citizen Kane? Nope. But it was an enjoyable 2 hours. Entertaining, kind of dumb, kind of funny, lots of action. I was a fan and suggest seeing it on the big screen. 1 thumb and a pair of 3-D glasses up!

We finished up w/ a quick antiquing trip and then a beer at the Old Grey Shed in Shelburne. First off, I think I added the "Old", that is not really in the name. Second... speaking of slim pickings, trying to find a beer at 4pm on a Monday is pretty hard. I would say harder than you may think, but YOU, may not have the same instincts as I do and may find that quite above board. In any event. We were greeted by 2 weird old guys smoking in the doorway. Classy place, with greeters and such. Inside there were 3 spots w/ glasses in front of them. Then there was the woman who looked like a normal mom or a teacher or something (as opposed to a train wreck) drinking a Switchback solo and eating popcorn. She was just sitting there quietly drinking, not chatting or reading or anything. Odd combo? Guess I was the freak also there to see it so who am I to judge? We opted for Bud Heavies. Don't f*** w/ taps you are unsure of dear readers. My lady is pretty hardcore no? Meanwhile bartender rushed out to check out a person who had been hit by a car while riding bike. Check please. It was a nice date day.  Even when we saw the very much alive bicyclist laying like a dead person on the ground covered by a sleeping bag w/ just 1 foot hanging out.

2 thumbs way up!!!

No comments: