Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Boy oh Boy!



I have a feeling that header will garner unwanted hits on the interweb?  In any event... the kids regressed so my sleep is a mess.  I have gotten REM sleep maybe twice in 2 weeks.  We were able to get down to see friends in Barnard this weekend and that was nice.  My lovely wife also let me sleep in on Saturday which was amazing. Funny how well you sleep when you have more than 3" of space and no one is making noise and punching you in the face w/ tiny hands?! So the Skinny Pancake opened their new expanded space and my co-worker and I went for a little look.  The patio was huge and very busy.  Inside it looks like the kitchen is a little bigger and the space is huge.  It is industrial meets forest and it pretty solid looking.  The bar is not huge but still much bigger than before and the open space means you could easily get a beer and stand w/ friends if a seat was not available.  We hit it early so we were able to belly up to the bar. We had to wait for a dip shit from Jersey to figure out what beer to order in the absence of Miller Light.  He was confused by the concept of Morrisville (is that where you just ski and make beer?). Yup... that is all they do. And hump cows, don't forget that one. We settled on a pilsner and finally moved away.  We ordered up a couple delicious Zero Gravity double IPA's and I followed up w/ a Lost Nation Pilsner. The beer and liquor selection are very well thought out and quite interesting. I thought that the bartender was easily distracted and did not provide great service (grabbed tips too fast, only 4 people at bar but took awhile for him to notice my empty beer, was often wandering to the back for no apparent reason) but I find that alot around here. That said, I liked the space and what they have to offer so it will no doubt have a spot in the rotation.

Also had a nice lunch at San Sai w/ my lady Monday afternoon.  Place was empty, food was delicious.  Very odd. Great lunch spot, a little pricey but quiet, private, and good food.

So now back to no sleep town... population 4.

No comments: