Friday, February 15, 2013

Zombie Jay



So I have been a bit MIA lately but there is a good reason... my special lady and I welcomed 2 new baby birds to the homestead.  Yup, 2.  It has been a wild ride but they are beautiful and we are beyond happy.  We are also beyond tired.  I am a shell of a man right now.  Even more so than usual.  Like work I don't want to get into the ins and outs of the family thing more than I need to but I will say that the twins did need a little time to get things together and in that vein I really want to thank the good folks at Fletcher Allen and specifically the nurses and doctors at the NICU.  They were great and took very good care of us.  We are very thankful for them.

For fun stuff... my son has peed on his own head multiple times which kills me every time.  He also projectile shat all over my wife which also killed me.  My daughter joined in on the act with amazing grunts when she farts.  I crack up really hard when these things happen.  When they wake up screaming bloody murder at 3AM?  Not so much.  I curse the moon and the cat and the idea of the whole thing.  But then they are very cute and it is hard to stay mad.  Believe me, I can carry a grudge w/ the best of them.   So they will no doubt be a big part of my reviews and worldview much like my special lady who has been amazing through this wonderful and at times very challenging journey.  My days of drinking 11AM rum punches on the beach in a seedy Caribbean town are most likely over but my days of pounding beers at Chuck-E-Cheeses?  Just beginning!

BTW, I am sick of all these foodie and drink experts telling me what to do.  I am all for the idea of holding ourselves to higher standards in terms of what we consume but it is going to far.  I usually prefer a aged sirloin burger, w/ aged cheddar, sauteed onions and craft ketchup on a house made roll.  But sometimes I like a McDonald's cheeseburger.  So f*** off!!!

1 comment:

Global View said...

Congratulations. You can start their sports careers with nice soft beech balls once they can sit up for themselves. I used to bounce a beech ball off TCW"s head when he was 13 months or so and he loved it. then he learned how to catch it at an early age.