Monday, February 25, 2013

How About the Oscars?!



I like Seth MacFarlane.  I like Family Guy and I liked Ted.  Am I a moron who likes dick and fart jokes?  Maybe.  But I also enjoy boob jokes.  I thought the monologue last night was really funny and I would ask those that deemed it inappropriate for the younger set... how many 8 year olds that are not weirdos watch the Oscars?  Little kids should already be in bed and teens see much worse everywhere.  The internet has made this a filthy world.  We have opened the Pandora's box of infinite information and this is the penalty, a diminished social morality.  We just need to work harder to make our kids aware of a global right and wrong. Enough of that soap box.  The boob song was great.  Captain Kirk was pretty good.  The Tatum Theron dance was actually quite something.  I also enjoyed the shots at Rhiannon, the shot at The Artist guy I don't know, Mel Gibson, and does George Clooney have a permanent front row reserved seat?  He is front and center at every award show.  The host always makes a tame joke at his expense, he looks disgusted, and everyone has a fun time. Must be fun to be George Clooney... the worst thing that happens to you is people kid you about how you bang super hot young models. Because you do.  I wonder how that affects your world view?  Oh wait, I know already.  Any idea how tired I am of people saying to me, "hey look at that clown Jay... he just sits there being attractive with his flowing locks, hot wife and huge genitalia!  What an awesomely cool jerk!!!"  Sometimes it gets old but you have to let the little people have something.

I am glad Argo won.  It is the only nominated movie I have seen but I liked it very much. We watched a little red carpet stuff as well.  Jamie Fox, thanks for being super creepy.  Anne Hathaway, have a sandwich and stop being weird.  Is Kristen Cheneworth 4 feet tall, and possibly not human?  Charlize Theron looked very attractive. Jennifer Garner looked pretty good and nice.  In spite of myself I find Bradley Cooper to be very humble and personable.  Way to not be a dick.  Seriously.  Bobby Deniro on the other hand always looks like he just smelled a fart.  Funny to think these snap judgements are based on a 2 minute clip on TV and could be totally wrong.

Want to hear my kid poop story from the weekend?  Thought so.  My daughter shat so bad it shot out the leg gaps and up the back while leaving a huge pile in her diaper.  She is still very small but this was the biggest poop we have seen to date.  It was seriously epic, it got on her onesie, her jumper, the changing pad cover, the changing pad, and a blanket.  Later she spit up and rolled her face in it.  This all happened after we gave her a bath.  On the flip side my boy peed on my wife while she was changing him.  He gets her all the time.  And every time I crack up.

One short review.  Wanderlust was on HBO.  It was actually quite amusing if you can watch it on cable.  I would not pay to see it. But there were some funny moments and it did not drag on too long. I generally like Paul Rudd and the new I don't give a shit version of Jennifer Anniston. So 1 thumb sort of up. If you are bored and it is on tv, hey why not, check it out.



No comments: