Friday, December 7, 2012

Misery Loves J-Bird



I apologize to the 3 of you that may read this blog.  I have some shit going on these days that has been challenging to say the least.  It has made it difficult to get out and try new places from a food and wine perspective.  So a little whining out of the way... I did slip out w/ a co-worker today to check out the new Misery Loves Company stable space in the Noosk. Right away we were struck by the crowd.  the place was packed and the line stacked up to the door.  It is a very open clean space which is nice.  The food?  Off the chain yo.  I did not know what to order there were so many things I wanted.  I bailed on a doughnut which I regret after seeing someone eating next to me.  Instead we split pork buns and fries and I had a Korean Reuben.  The fries were crispy, and addictive. We did not even go w/ the meat scrap option.  The pork bun was my least favorite portion of the meal but it is all a matter of degrees.  No one can really replicate a China Town pork bun, just can't be done.  This one was a bun split in half and filled w/ pork like a slider.  The bun was a little dense and the pork a little dry.  It is like a whoopee pie, you can make them good but to truly hit transcendent version is a fleeting whisper. How about the Reuben.  Well if you don't like thick cut fatty corned beef w/ Kimchi, and a spicy mayo sauce on a delicious salted bun... well, we can't be friends.  It was decadent and delicious.  I felt a year of my life slip away w/ each bite but it was worth it. To be sure this is a treat that should be savored infrequently, even more so than BBQ but there is a reason a line forms to and out the door.  These guys are nailing it. The "misery" must be my now clogged arteries but they will soon have company from the veins. 1 9/10th thumbs up.

Congrats to the Pumas on their new edition.  Good people and I look forward to meeting the little guy, and maybe being the bad influence family friend!

Now, if you will excuse me I have to go pass out and struggle to breathe.

No comments: