Thursday, September 6, 2012

Boy oh Boy



Yeah, I know... posting has been pretty sparse of late.  New job has kept me extremely busy.  Believe it or not but the home life has been even busier.  We travelled last week and this week we have windows in the house being replaced, wife was on the road yesterday, wedding this weekend, I had to find a new dry cleaner, get a haircut, and a bunch of other crap.  Cat eating and then puking up mice.  It is pretty crazy right now. 

I will say that the trip we had to Maine last week was nice.  The new restaurant The Lost Kitchen in Belfast provided us with one of the finest meals either of us had had in awhile.  Between the beet carpaccio, the roasted chicken, and the almond toffee terrine desert... it was just all well prepared, pleasing to look at and delicious.  Check it out if you are in the area.

We had a client in town this week and it was raining so we just cruised over to the IceHouse for lunch.  I have never been a big fan.  It is generic and too expensive for very mediocre food.  That said, I had a pretty decent lunch there on Monday.  I had a BLT w/ avocado.  Avocado was a little brown but the bacon was cooked perfectly and the bread was really quite nice.  It was a good sandwich.  An added bonus was our clearly stoned out of his mind waiter who could not pull himself together.  At one point he commented how out of it he was and that he usually had a great memory (after forgetting my chips and mixing up who ordered what).  Sure you do Cheech... sure you do.

No comments: