Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Strange Lunch Run

The usual Church Street regulars not withstanding... I had an odd lunch walk.  I cruised over to one of my go-to's Bueno Y Sano and thought I was in good shape.  There was no line and the place a few patrons but not too much action.  So I stepped up to the counter prepared to order.  The stoned guy at the register was on the phone, apparently taking an order.  So I waited.  And waited.  And waited.  Then got pissed.  Then I left.  In 10 minutes the guy never looked up from the phone, never said "hold on a sec", and seemed like he was taking his first phone order.  Granted it seemed like an order for 235 burritos but what the f***?  So I popped over to the BlueBird kiosk for a pressed sandwich.  I had not had lunch from there since they first opened so I was curious.  I got a grilled chicken w/ onions, pate, and Gruyere cheese on a buttery grilled bread.  It was very heavy but quite delicious as a once in awhile treat.  Check it out if you are looking for something to take back to the office.  So as I am walking back I walk past a little kind maybe 2 feet tall and his mom going the other way.  The kid takes a swipe at me and hits me in the leg just missing my ball sack.  I shit you not, I was a little shocked.  I looked back but the kid did not seem to care or have any malicious intent... he was just swinging away! 





No comments: