Friday, October 8, 2010

Jay About TOSCA'S


Sorry it took so long to get to this. This week has been a giant kick in the nuts for me. Anyway, my special lady and I followed up our lovely dinner at Tourterelle's w/ a driving adventure up to the north country this past weekend. It was wet, soggy, and cold so most outdoor activities were a little distasteful but we did want to get out of the house. We took a drive up to St. Albans and then headed east to Montgomery Center. It was a pretty nice drive and we got some serious leaf peepin' in. In Montgomery we were shit out of luck w/ our initial lunch choice (because they were only open for dinner), so we settles for TOSCA'S at the Trout River Traders. Now, there were people in there but it was far from packed. We were a little nervous when the waitress came to our table and was incredibly flustered (and had a little trouble w/ English). No problem, we ordered a couple beers. We ordered Spaten... but it was not the German pilsner we expected. It was more like a brown ale, still tasted pretty good. As for lunch... our waitress forgot my soup but the other waitress hooked us up. It was a delicious leek soup. Really very good. We also each had a grilled cheese and ham sandwich. They were pretty good but they were huge. A little heavy handed on the ham. I thought the sandwich was pretty good though and was really nice dipped in the soup. The bill was pretty reasonable. I wish the cook had not come out of the kitchen... that was not super awesome. Overall I'd give it 1 thumb up. I would not head there as a destination again, but if you are in the area it is a good spot to stop. We have been in for coffee and snacks before. Good for that as well. On that note I need to sign off... I need to go punch someone in the head.

No comments: