Monday, September 27, 2010

Jay About "The Town"


Pretty big weekend for the Birds this weekend. We went out downtown 2 straight nights, dinner club, hung w/ my parents on Sunday, and banged out a bunch of errands on Saturday. We went to the Farmhouse a couple of times... The beer is still great, the place is always busy, the food is ok at best. I had a burger and the "medium" was well done. The cheese plate is pretty nice, nothing special. I guess you go for the scene. The back beer garden is pretty cool for hanging out. We also had lunch on Sunday over at the Bistro Sauce in Shelburne and they have turned it around a bit. I had a pretty solid eggs Benedict. My special lady had a good quesadilla. The grits were pretty good and the home fries were great. Bloody Mary? Not so much.


The big event was a night at the movies on Friday, our movie of choice (after the ladies shot down Wall Street II)? The Town! It looked ok, it had good reviews, solid cast... what the hey. Well, we had a beer and headed to the show. It was kind of weird but they only had one movie preview over at the Roxy theater. I like previews? The movie itself? Well, I think the positive reviews may have overstated its case a bit. I will give Ben Affleck credit for his first shot at directing and even acting in this one but it was like Heat lite. Actually Heat luke warm. 1 thumb up. Blake Lively was also good, Hurt Locker guy was not so good and Jon Hamm was so stiff he could be used by pirates to dispose of rif raf (get it, plank, wood?).


Here is a little bonus review... my special lady was out of town last week so I watched MacGruber. Do not spend any money on this piece of shit. Seriously. When it comes out on Cinemax 5 go ahead and give it a run, after a 6 pack of beer. Otherwise, do yourself a favor and spend 2 hours watching porkchop sandwiches or county law on youtube!

No comments: