Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Jay About... Pain


This weekend my special lady and I had to take advantage of a rare free afternoon and went to look at a new car for her. We had leased a Subaru which was up for re-o in late August. I like cars, I like looking at cars, I like test driving cars... but the minute you pull out the paper work. F*&%!!!!! It was like we were being waterboarded in Pakistan. First off, the sales guy was nice but he was just straight makin' shit up. At one point I am pretty sure he claimed the Outback got 92 miles per gallon and shot $20 bills from the AC vents. We took our test drive and then were interested in price talk. Of course because it was July 30th there was no way he could get a real price because they would magically change dramatically in 2 days. Next terrible step? Well, these guys cannot add or use a computer so they have to go back and forth to a mysterious "manager" 18 times to get a crappy quote. The guy would not even give us comparison prices. It was a giant pain in the balls to figure out if we wanted to upgrade or not?! Even after deciding on a car and price... you are then in for a marathon session of putting together paperwork that a one eyed monkey could do in 2 minutes on Word. We were there for 5 hours and we didn't even bust balls over the lease rates? So I like everything about cars but the dealership. 2 giant thumbs down. On the flip side, the new Outback is really nice. So far 1 3/4 thumbs up for that action!


Ok, I am calming down... one more little gem. I rented Clash of the Titans this weekend. I loved the old one w/ Harry Hamlin and the now obsolete clay stop motion animation. The new one has that guy from Avatar and a bunch of wacky computer animation. I am not going to mention the go to line, I am just not going to do it. The movie was ok. It was loud, fast, and generally entertaining. It was not as good as the old one. 1 thumb up. Hey, have you ever noticed that Liam Neeson looks just like Ralph Feins (totally spelled wrong). Wow, maybe that is why they were cast as brothers... genius!

No comments: