Thursday, July 8, 2010

Jay About Iron Maiden!!!!


Sorry for straying off the path of the vacation recap trail but shoot... this is too important to skip!! Last night my buddy K-Dog and I rolled to Montreal to catch a little piece of power metal known as Iron Maiden! This was my first Maiden show and it really was something. First off, big props to Mrs. K-Dog who put the whole thing together for us. First step, we drove north in the blaring heat to Canada. Easy border passage, even w/ my portable rocket launcher and our trunk full of Peruvian midgets. The ride was aided by AC and XM radio... the Boneyard of course.


Check in at the Sheraton right down the street from the Bell Center... check! Then we ran into our first speed bump. We asked the Frenchie concierge where to go for a decent burger... he sent us to a fancy pants French brassiere with $32 burgers topped w/ lobster and foie gras. OK, I will eat oysters in my concert going Budweiser t-shirt, I am not afraid. Well after we went through a few language issues the waiter brought us 12 oysters instead of 6. Of course we needed them to ease the pain of the full beer that clown dumped in my lap (for being American I am certain). Food was good but slow, expensive and shouldn't we at least get 1 free round of beers for my wet shorts? No dice.


The concert itself was great. The band has a ton of energy, plays well, and has a super theatrical stage set. Plus the crowd was as you might imagine. Lots of uber nerds in black Iron Maiden shirts with a sprinkling of trashy rocker chicks. Good times. We doubled down on brew dogs and then headed for our seats at the absolute top row of the stadium. Still, we headbanged, and fist pumped and rocked out for 2 hours. Afterwards? Uh, let's just say I am somewhat aware of my theshold in regards to Labatt's consumption.


2 thumbs rocking towards the sky!!!

No comments: