Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It's for a COP!


So yeah, the rumor is true... I do have a dirt squirrel on my upper lip and yes, I am now the sexiest man alive! Go ahead People Magazine, bring the camera crew to VT now and beat the rush!!! So this last weekend was a little sunny, then a little rainy, then a little overcast. Did a bunch of work around the house. On the bright side, my lady and I did have a little fun. We hit up a concert Friday night at Higher Ground, Toubab Krewe. If you have a chance to check them out I would definitely suggest you do. The concert had really been talked up before we went so I was prepared to be let down. These guys were really good though. Yes, they are a "jam band" of sorts. But they are very adept at controlling tempo and bringing the music to a crescendo then bringing it down, and then bringing the intensity back up... all without going into a 40 minute drum jam where all but the spinning hippies fall asleep! I give them a hearty 2 thumbs up.

We also took in a movie on a rainy Sunday night, Iron Man. I really liked it. I am a bit of a comic book movie dork anyway, but I thought the special effects were cool, the acting was not terrible, and the overall visuals were quite good. Plus I generally enjoy a snarky Robert Downey Jr. and Gweneth Paltrow is hot. So there you go.

One forgettable piece of the weekend, Beowulf. It was fine, even entertaining at times; but for f*** sake, why does the here have to get naked to fight monsters?!?!?! I don't know anyone who needs or wants to see naked cartoon man-butt!!!!!

By the way... if the Spurs and Pistons somehow make it to the finals I might have to pull a double Jeff Gillooly (totally spelled wrong) on Tim Duncan/Rasheed Wallace.

John Lester's no-hitter is a great story. It was really electric watching the game, wish I had been at Fenway. The guy is less than 1 year removed from cancer treatments.
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2008/05/21/the_heart_of_the_matter/

Sometimes do you get the feeling... (trust me, stick w/ this clip for a bit)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=M3YElLVMjEs

No comments: