Friday, November 21, 2014

Jay About The String Cheese Incident



So my buddy LB sent me a text asking if I wanted to go see STI at Memorial auditorium. I had never seen them live and thought of them as a jammy bluegrass kind of band. I kind of like their stuff and a live show is a live show so I checked w/ the boss and was in!! We started off with a beer and a slice of pizza over at Manhattan Pizza which was really not too bad. My pizza was a little doughy but not too oily and tasted pretty good. Then we cruised to Memorial. It was cold. BTW, Memorial Auditorium sucks as a venue. And we f*d up. They did not serve beer, anywhere in the venue. It got hot as f***, they ran out of water, and to smoke people had to crowd onto a small balcony which created a huge mess at the intermission. As for the show? We got in early and got pretty close to the stage. The band had a huge sound set up and a great stage and light show. The music was great. 2 blistering sets w/ jams that veered from bluegrass twang to aggressive shredding techno rave. The crowd looked out of townie and pretty young. There were lots of capes, weird hats, and glitter. I was a little out of place but thought the band really ripped. The first set was a pretty much non stop assault and I was a big fan. After a short break they got back after it with a slightly more meandering but still very hot second set. http://www.friendsofcheese.com/incident.php?id=1496

I thought the show was fun. I wish I had drank more beer beforehand or had one of the enhanced lollipops everyone seemed to have on hand. We did have a very solid post game at Finnegan's Pub which has really upped their beer list game. Special points for the big old fat dude who was in front of us in the concert and kept backing up a half step every 20 seconds. He had backed LB up to Highgate before we pulled a quick 2 step and were all of a sudden in the huge space in front that the big man have carved out a shuffle at a time! Boo-Ya!!!

No comments: