Thursday, July 9, 2015

Jay About Catching Up


Hey we made it onto a website... check out the Prohibition Pig accolades page! What have I been up to lately? Actually quite a bit, but hard to find time or motivation to write about it.

For instance, a couple friends and I went up to Jay Peak to see Widespread Panic play. Hotels were pretty nice, very fun venue even if acoustics not great, super chill place to see a concert overall. We even learned a couple tricks but I don't want to give them away... suffice it to say, if you are going to a concert there, get a Stateside room. The water park is fun too. I enjoyed to waterboarding experience of La Chute. I even had fun trying to surf and nearly getting a concussion. When you see the overweight 65 year old woman who has trouble walking but floats effortlessly on the indoor wave it looks so easy! She is a ringer!!!! I have to imagine she may have even been attached to ropes from the ceiling it was that easy for her. Meanwhile, I was on my feet for 31 seconds before I face planted and lost my trunks. No one even laughed... they looked mad I was taking up their wave time. It is like the looks I get when I hit on 16 up in Montreal. Daggers.

I also went down to see college friends in NYC. I stayed a night w/ my buddy at the Baccarat Hotel. Swanky. Excellent service, super high tech (the TV is IN the wall mirror), and just super nice. Yeah, they thought we were 3 gay dudes staying there but whatever. Asked if we needed tickets to a show. The trundle bed was very comfortable. We then went to the premier of Ted 2. My buddy worked on the movie. I thought it was funny, even better than the first one. I enjoy toilet humor. Not ashamed to admit it. My GPS also took me all the way up Broadway to Hastings on the Hudson. What a journey. Neighborhoods I had never seen nor hope to never see again.

On a sad note we will soon be losing one of my favorite local spots Archie's. Heard the owner is ill and needs to sell. Great spot for kids and excellent burger fare. Will soon be home to a Dunkin Donuts. I have no ill will towards Dunkies but will miss Archie's.  Also closing down is San Sai. Best sushi in Burlington by a mile. Location was tough and no one ever ventured down there. Locals are not that into foreign food here in VT. Tourists never seemed to know it was there. If the Tavern can manage to always have a crowd but San Sai is never busy you know you live in a shitty food town. We do what we do (pub fare) pretty well but a very narrow scope. Also heard Tilt may be changing hands or closing. I like that spot as a place to escape when I am out doing chores on the weekend. I hope they stay open. A new pub will be opening near the Shelburne Meat Market where the old Town Tavern floundered. I hope they do a better job w/ the space... that corridor needs a place to have a burger, beer and watch a ball game. Besides the bowling alley of course.

So there you have it... if my kids stop peeing the bed, eating possibly poisonous berries, screaming in my ear, messing up the house, eating paint chips, playing w/ knives, somehow getting poop on their face, refusing to wear pants, I may try to keep this blog a little more current.

One last review, Maurice Sendak's Chicken Soup with Rice is an excellent bedtime book. Currently is my favorite and the kids dig it too. So whoopy once, whoopy twice, whoopy chicken soup with rice!!!

No comments: